Sport is an integral aspect of Japanese society; this is manifest as both young and old Japanese love engaging in sports activities ranging from conventional sports such as martial arts and sumo to modern sports like basketball, football, volleyball, and tennis, etc. This great love for sports has also paved the way for the sportswear industry to thrive tremendously in Japan. This is expected because, whether you're a sports performer or a spectator, you'll always need sportswear to get underway. So, if you're into sports in japan, you might want to consider choosing the best sportswear brands that suit your style.
Moreover, suppose you are a sportswear dealer in Japan. In that case, you need to take advantage of the rising demand for sportswear apparel in Japan by ensuring that you provide top quality sportswear to your customers. and if you're seeking the leading sportswear brands and suppliers in Japan today, then you've come to the right place because, in this article, you'd learn about the top sportswear manufacturers and suppliers here in Japan. So, Let's take a deep dive quickly!
ASICS is a global sportswear manufacturing company headquartered in Kobe, Japan. The company was established in 1949 by Kihachiro Onitsuka and specialized in sports apparel and shoes. Over the past 72 years, the company has successfully introduced various design concepts that have contributed to the reformation of sports in Japan.
ASICS products include sandals, sneakers, jackets, t-shirts, pants, hoodies, shorts, caps, socks, backpacks, etc.
· ASICS uses an innovative system that involves scientific research and synergy with both male and female athletes.
· The company incorporates cutting-edge technology such as its core GEL cushioning system and Biomorphic in manufacturing processes.
· ASICS footwear is listed among the best performance footwear in Japan.
· The company integrates Japanese artistry, exhaustive research, and innovative technology in producing top-notch designs.
· ASICS is the official sportswear sponsor for the Japanese Olympic team.
· ASICS incorporates an enhanced mobile marketing system with e-commerce stores for the sale of its products.
· The company offers its customers other mobile products such as Runkeeper and Studio, which help enhance sports performance.
· The company is well-known for high-quality sportswear products ranging from footwear to garment wears.
· There is uneven production and distribution due to diversity leading to limited supply.
· The company's products are pretty expensive for an average buyer.
WIKI: Mizuno Corporation
Mizuno is a sportswear manufacturer that is based in Osaka, Japan and has existed since 1906. The company has since become an international brand and maker of sports equipment for a broad range of sports activities, including soccer, baseball, volleyball, golf, tennis, etc. Mizuno also manufactures first-grade sports apparel for both men and women.
The company's products include rackets, bat assistants, gloves, shoes, caps, shorts, T-shirts, etc.
· Mizuno is a long-standing brand with over 70 years of proficiency in sports equipment manufacturing.
· The company is second to none in japan in the manufacturing of baseball equipment.
· The company uses advanced technologies such as thermo-technology in producing heat-generating fabrics to absorb sweat.
· Mizuno is famous for excellence as the company has collaborations with some of the best world athletes and sports teams; among them are Carl Lewis (track and field athlete), Nick Faldo (golf), Joe Montana of the San Francisco 49ers, and the All Blacks Rugby team.
· The company has various packages for wholesalers and retailers.
· Mizuno has several retail outlets in Japan and also has branches in The US and Canada.
· The price of Mizuno products is high for average buyers.
· The company has an inadequate marketing approach which tends to limit the spread of its products.
· The company has a limited variety of garment designs due to its central focus on sports equipment.
WIKI: Descente Ltd
Descente is an activewear manufacturer based in Osaka, Japan. The company was founded by Takeo Ishimoto in 1935 and focused on manufacturing various kinds of sports garments and accessories. Descente deals primarily with skiwear and other skiing accessories; this is evident in the company's logo, which shows the three fundamental skiing techniques: schuss, traverse, and side-slip.
Descente products include shorts, t-shirts, caps, hoodies, pants, socks, and other skiing accessories.
· Descente collaborates with 16 domestic procured and certified brands, such as Arena, Shiseist, Srixon, and Marmot.
· The company is dedicated to producing the best quality designs for its existing and future customers.
· The company has a design philosophy that focuses on capturing its customers' needs and imaginations.
· The company always takes caution, love, and finesse in crafting all its sports clothing and accessories.
· The company has a collaborative marketing approach which deals with sponsoring various sports teams across the globe.
· Descente uses exquisite fabrics for its clothing production.
· Descente products are popular in Japan and the world over.
· Since the company majors in skiwear, there's a limited supply of other sports clothing.
· Descente has a poor digital marketing strategy as the company currently has a limited social media presence; this tends to restrict the sales of its products.
· The company's products are expensive.
· The company has a limited variety of designs.
Yonex Co. Ltd. is a sports equipment manufacturing brand based in Japan. The company was founded in 1946 by Minoru Yoneyama and had its headquarters in Tokyo, Japan. Aside from sports equipment, the company also produces athletic shoes and other sports apparel. In addition, the company dominates the production of badminton equipment in Asia and has brand collaborations with the world Badminton federation.
The company produces a wide range of products, including Rackets, golf, tennis ball, athletic shoes, bags, clubs, shuttlecocks, jackets, t-shirts, leggings, shorts, etc.
· Yonex is a proud sponsor of the All England Open Badminton Championship.
· The company implements a robust R&D and constantly uses novel technologies to achieve premium quality products
· Yonex incorporates Japanese craftsmanship in creating unique designs that suit their customer's needs
· Yonex is a multinational company, and its products are widely accepted worldwide.
· The company has various sports equipment designs, thereby providing its customers with a wide array of options.
· Yonex uses first-class raw materials to ensure premium quality sports equipment and apparel.
· The company has an excellent marketing strategy which helps to improve sales of its products in various parts of the world.
· The company has a limited supply of sports clothing due to a greater focus on sports equipment manufacturing.
· Yonex equipment is more expensive compared to other competitors in the market.
WIKI: Onitsuka Tiger
Onitsuka Tiger is an indigenous sports footwear manufacturer in Japan. The company was established in 1949 by Kihachiro Onitsuka and started manufacturing basketball shoes before diversifying into running shoes and other sports shoes. The company became a subsidiary of ASICS corporation in 1977 when it was acquired by the latter.
Onitsuka Tiger has a broad range of sports products, including sneakers, t-shirts, shorts, running shoes, basketball shoes, etc.
· Onitsuka Tiger provides its customers with assorted designs of footwear for various sports activities.
· The company uses high-quality raw materials to provide its customers with durable and reliable products
· The company offers discounts on bulk purchases of its products.
· Onitsuka Tiger has a unique customer management system that enables the company to get feedback from its customers to help improve on new designs.
· The company has a weak marketing approach which contributes to the slow spread of its products.
· The company's products are costlier compared to other players in the industry.
Japanese Sportswear Companies will source their products in China, India, South Asia and East Asia, and they will also source some products locally for American markets and European markets. Let's find out the main soucing channels and suppliers for those Japanese Sportswear:
Tsf Sportswear- America
Tsf sportswear LLC is a wholesaler and distributor of sports apparel with headquarters in Florida. The company started in 1973 as T-Shirts of Florida Inc before it changed to Tsf sportswear LLC in the early 90s. The company's products include T-shirts, hats, hoodies, sweatshirts, bags, shorts, and Totes. Tsf offers high-quality garments that are made with superior fabrics and yarns.
Giga fitness is an activewear manufacturer and supplier headquartered in Guadalajara Jalisco. The company focuses on the manufacturing of sports apparel and swimwear. Giga fitness products include jackets, Tops, bathing suits, T-shirts, face shields, as well as kids' clothing and accessories. The company uses top-notch quality fabrics and yarns in the manufacturing of sportswear and other garments.
4USports is a sportswear company headquartered in Bhari, Sonipat in India. The company manufactures and supplies sports apparel and accessories; it also produces high-quality knitted textiles using various materials and production processes. 4USports products include singlets, tracksuits, shorts, skirts, lowers, T-shirts, gym belts, thumb supports, gloves, etc. 4USports has exclusive sportswear designs that are well fitted for various sports activities.
SPRINT is an Indian-based sportswear company that designs and produces custom-made team wear and other sports apparel for men and women. The company uses high-grade fabrics, which helps to ensure premium quality garments. In addition, SPRINT has an effective customer relationship management system to listen to the needs of their customers and ensure that customer needs are met with subsequent designs. The company also has a strong R&D team which helps to provide new product designs that meet the current trend.
Yinshan – China
Yinshan is a prominent sportswear supplier based in Ningbo, China. Since the inception of the company in 1986, Yinshan has succeeded in providing customized sportswear designs for various kinds of sports, including soccer, volleyball, basketball, tennis, yoga, racing, etc. among the company products are hoodies, t-shirts, shorts, caps, pants, team uniforms, gym wears, promotional wears, etc.
It will intrigue you to know that several benefits accrued to Yinshan sportswear make the company stand out from its competitors in Japan. Let's take a look at some of the unique benefits of choosing Yinshan sportswear.
What Are The Benefits Of Choosing Yinshan Sportswear For the Japanese Market?
1. Customer Satisfaction
One of the significant benefits of choosing Yinshan sportswear is the company's impressive customer support. Yishan has a robust customer relationship management that focuses on learning customer needs and pain points based on previous customer transactions with the company and other available data from the customer's persona.
2. Suitable for small businesses
The company offers multiple packages and discounts for bulk procurement of its products. This implies that if you're a small business or startup in the sportswear industry, you can easily purchase a sufficient quantity of sportswear to set up your business.
3. Reliable Products
Yinshan uses top-grade fabrics, yarns, and fibers, allowing the company to produce high-quality sports apparel that is reliable and suitable to customer needs.
4. Enhanced technology and Workforce
The company works with experienced employees who are experts in the field. Additionally, Yinshan incorporates advanced technology in most of its production processes which helps to enhance garment quality and timely delivery.
Current Sportswear Trends In Japan- Helpful Tips You Need To Know
A 2018 study by Yano research revealed that the sportswear market in Japan was worth over 5 billion dollars; this implies a 110% increase from the previous year's value. This increase, on one part, is due to the changing fashion trends among the Japanese. Additionally, more Japanese are getting involved in sports and thus causing an increase in demand for sportswear. As a result, several Japanese have incorporated sportswear into their everyday daily outfit. This has brought about new style trends like sports mix: a style of dressing that allows you to combine sportswear with other types of garments. Athleisure style is another common fashion trend in Japan; the style originated from the US before gaining wide acceptance in Japan. Athleisure is similar to sports mix, but the former involves selecting more sports apparel than regular clothing. For instance, athleisure allows you to wear sports apparel as your major clothing while complementing it with other clothing accessories outside sports.
On the other hand, sports mix allows you to wear your regular clothing while complementing it with some sports accessories. Furthermore, in recent times, most Japanese mothers have developed a new fashion trend that involves completing their outfits with sneakers with the idea of being stylish. All these trends and more have contributed to the expansion of the sportswear market in Japan.
In a few words, the sportswear industry has transformed lifestyle and business in Japan over time, and if you're Japanese or live in Japan, you might want to join the new trend. First, however, you need to choose the best sportswear dealers for your optimum satisfaction. Yinshan sportswear is designed to meet all your clothing needs while keeping you updated with the latest fashion trends.
Download the new catalog from Yinshan Sports: E-Catalogue-YINSHAN.pdf
We also have the sportswear brands and manufacturers in the UK, USA, Australia and Germany: